Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday Evening Blogging


The Backyard Project is beginning to take form. And when I say 'take form' I mean I've written a plan out on paper. Sharpie + graph paper FTW! The plan consists of judiciously trimming trees, mercilessly destroying weeds, and prudently laying new sod. Our once lush backyard has become overgrown and terribly under utilized in recent months. This is due, in no small part mind you, to a lack of both sunlight and water. The trees block the sunlight (hence need to be trimmed) and my lazy butt doesn't hand water nearly enough.

Thus being of full mind and body I hereby swear that I am going to recant my lazy ways and water my backyard once it's been completely replaced. Not being one to ignore the relentless advance of lawn technology, I am also going to have a new sprinkler system installed. Thereby channeling my energies from dragging hoses around the yard to the press of a button. Maybe I'll even setup a timer? Since this site is presumably about projects of a digital nature, maybe I'll build a timer for the sprinkler system. That would be interesting...


No comments:

Post a Comment