Monday, January 18, 2010

Recommended Reading


Jennifer Ouellette wrote a fantastic book a few years ago entitled "Black Bodies and Quantum Cats". The book has been on my "To Read" list for a little while now but until Amazon Prime significantly lowered my barrier for purchasing books, I never got around to buying and reading it.

After speeding through the first half of the book, I have to say that I missed out by not getting the book earlier. It's a great read about pioneers in physics. It's not just the "Famous Guys" of physics either but a smattering of folks around the world interested in natural philosophy, engineering and mathematics. The book can feel a little broken up at times but the overall writing style is clear and easy to understand. Jennifer has a real gift and I can't wait for her next book about the calculus. I can't wait! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment